Hello lovely! I’m Kim, known to some as Kimmie, Kimberly, K.D., or K-Day; feel free to take your pick because I really don’t mind any of them. Or feel free to make one up like my best friend from high school did when she came up with “Kimbalimbageena.” It’s still one of my all-time favorites.
The first things people usually notice about me are my Adam Levine-like faux hawk, the various tattoos on my arms, and/or my facial piercings. Without knowing me, you might guess that I’m an angsty college-aged hipster, or at least that’s what I’ve been told (thanks for the genes, mom & dad). I’m actually a 4 decade old Generation X-er with a creative, passionate soul with a lot to say.
I’m a relationship coach, perspective shifter, and self-care activist.
Some irrelevant yet fun facts about me:
* I’m a crazy dog person. Really. I want to pet ALL of the dogs, and I am a proud doggie mama to Zaney, a 14 yr. old Jack Russell who is my sidekick. I may or may not have a voice I do for her.
* I love superheroes…and believe that we all embody superhero qualities.
* I’m an artist and I make awesome shit. Sometimes I paint, sometimes I upcycle.
* I’m a champion at Netflix binges.
* My T-shirt game is strong.
* Music is my love language. I’ve been to more concerts than…well, I don’t know what, but trust me, there have been a lot. My favorites to date have been Brandi Carlile, Cat Stevens, & The Cranberries.
* I’m an extroverted introvert.
* I’m a Capricorn with a Sagittarius moon (in case you’re into that kind of thing).
* Interior decorating is my jam.
* Real mail from awesome people makes me happy!
Because I am passionate, I believe a lot of stuff.
I believe that coffee is a magical elixir, that soulmates (of the friend and romantic variety) exist, and that having awesome coffee mugs and socks are essential for the right frame of mind.
I believe that we were all put here to do the work we love and that it is our responsibility to share that work with the world.
That writing helps heal the soul.
That the energy you give something is MEGA important.
That people should hug and be who they really are more often, because if not, what’s the point? And, drumrolll please….I believe that love can not only help heal ourselves, but the world, too. Learning to navigate interpersonal relationships can be difficult, but necessary. Don’t panic! I’m here to help.